Thursday, November 12, 2009

So sorry, so long.

Well, it's been quite a minute since my last post, I do apologize.
I'm sitting here in Houston- wishing I was still in Austin.
I'd like to spend a week there, boy would that be lovely. Maybe soon...just maybe. I could see myself there before the boy and I hit L.A. It'd be a nice baby step. We shall see where the Lord leads me/us.
Speaking of Austin, we were there this past weekend for a nice, enjoyable, & much needed long weekend.
Some of our best friends live there so a visit was sure overdue. We got into Austin (noted that for 2 and a half hours of this 3 hr. trip I was having a panic attack and didn't want to drive @ night. It was surreal to say the least) around 8:30-ish and excitedly I pounded on their front door wanting to see them and their baby boy. Whoooops! HA. Nice enjoyable evening though. The next morning the boys went on a 4 hr hike (which Rob has been telling EVERYBODY about) while Amanda and I and Stephen's mom did some shoppin, cause that's what we do best. I got Ian this A-DORABLE "gentleman's outfit" which I'm honestly too lazy to post but I might later. I couldn't get over it's cuteness.
Next day was Ian's first birthday party. It was a total success. Amanda put a lot of thought into it, and it showed. I don't remember having a 1st birthday party that snazzy. Impressed I was. Later, of course we did more shopping. (are you really that surprised?) This weekend was so great cause I loved just hanging out with Amanda and Ian, oh and Stephen too ; ) I loved it.
Ohhh Austin, I think you are slowly making your way into my heart.
It's a short post but hey, don't complain. I'm definitely updating more this weekend so stay tuned! Off to watch my Thursday night television shows with a glass of wine : )

No comments:

Post a Comment