Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Lost Boys




This documentary is an AMAZING and MOVING story that truly captures what these thousands upon thousands of Sudanese boys suffered through on their journey to America. As an American, I admit that I take so so much for granted, as it's the way I've grown up. My family has personally taken care of about 4 or 5 of these boys and made sure they saw that America is a place of hope and although we too have issues and controversy in our country, we simply want them to not live in fear any more. For the past couple years, the few that we keep in close contact with, have completely opened up my heart and eyes. I love each of the boys individually for their strength and determination to live a successful and changed way of life here in the states. Recently, one of the boys (that my family knows personally) was hit by a car. It was in the evening and whoever the heartless person was who hit him, fled the scene upon impact. Simon (his name), was laying there for hours before anyone noticed his injury. He was then rushed to the emergency room with a coma and has been in one since. The Dr.'s are pretty certain he will not heal and will be a vegetable for the rest of his life. Although there are alot of things I still don't know about Simon, I DO know he is a beautiful soul. BEAUTIFUL. And it hurts me deeply to know just how much suffering he has endured in his lifetime. He fled his country because he wanted to escape their civil war, and know he's laying in a hospital, and doesn't even know his own name. Things are probably not going to change for him, but if you read this, please say a small prayer for him. And if you don't pray, just take a moment to acknowledge him and his life. My prayer is for him to somehow return to health and mental health for that matter. Through the Lord all things are possible, and I pray Simon will not suffer any longer.

God Grew Tired of Us is a tear jerking movie that I recommend to ANYONE and EVERYONE. Directed by Brad Pitt and narrated by Nicole Kidman, I strongly urge you to take an hour to watch it.

Thanks for reading.
Have FAITH.

AMEN.


http://www.lostboysfilm.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment