Sunday, July 12, 2009

oh Zooey!

Coming from a heterosexual female, I LOVE HER. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I've always kind of overlooked this charming lil lady. Sitting here watching the not-so-interesting Failure to Launch, I realized she is way cuter and humorous than I ever gave her credit for. I mean I loved her in Elf, Almost Famous, and Hitchikers Guide, but she never had my attention till now.

The Lovely miss Zooey Deschanel was born in Los Angeles, California, (I would've thought she was from a smaller city because she seems so 'girl next door') and is the daughter of Academy Award-nominated cinematographer and director Caleb Deschanel and actress Mary Jo Deschanel. She's Irish && French, which I would've never guessed. Named after Zooey Glass, the male protagonist of J. D. Salinger's 1961 novella Franny and Zooey. Again, didn't know that. Her older sister Emily Deschanel is also stars in the TV series Bones. Um, I'd say she was pretty much destined to be a starlett....It seems almost genetic in her case! Some of her best movies are, as stated before- Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Elf, Almost Famous, as well as, The Good Girl, Failure to Launch, Weeds (in a few episodes), Bridge to Terabithia, The Assassination of Jesse James, The Happening, and newest release, Yes Man. She has such a distinct look about her and I love, love, love it. As everyone knows by now, she's also a part of the She & Him, and has also done some solo work. Along with her distinct look is an appropriately matching voice. Her soothing voice and adorable lyrics remind me of an early 20's or 30's singer (and can pull off anything vintage as if it were meant for her), and that my friends, is rare to find. I would love to sit down and chit chat it up over a cup of coffee (decaf for me, please) while she tells me who her influences are and where she sees herself in oh, thirty years. Alright, no more words, lets look @ some pictures and videos of Miss Fabulous herself:

Zooey singing for She & Him- Dream a Little Dream of Me:


Change is Hard:



Zooey Deschanel: The Fabric of My Life Campaign Blends Famili... - The best home videos are here



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

So, I'm done with my Zooey rant, I'm about to go crazy and spank one of the puppies because she just ate 3/4 of my amazing subway sammich......GRRRR. Yes, just like you, I love to spend $7 on a sammy I didn't even eat, but threw away for that matter! Okay, okay, now to go clean up before my lovely friends get here! Ciao! :D


pea ess, i love comments.

kay, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment